- LED – An Acryonym that stands for Light Emitting Diode. Best described as a miniature light bulb smaller than the size of a dime. On average, these diodes have a life expectancy of 50,000 hours or 11.5 years of continuous use, thereby making them more economical than the standard incandescent light bulb.
- Candela – A unit of measurement of light intensity of light. An ordinary wax candle generates one candela. A typical LED bulb’s brightness is measured in millicandela or mcd, while a LED display’s brightness is measured in NIT.
- NIT – A measurement of luminance used primarily to indicate a LED display’s brightness. One NIT is equal to one candela per square meter (1cd/m2).
- Pixel – A single dot of light. A pixel can be composed of either a single LED or a cluster of LEDs. Pixel size can vary. A large pixel size will give you better fill with the electronic message center.
- Pitch – The distance from the center of a pixel to the center of the next pixel. Pitch influences the resolution of a LED display that shows images. A small pitch translate to higher resolution. A large pitch translates to larger text/character sizes.
- RGB – Red, Green, and Blue. These three colors combined can produce the full spectrum of color.
- Full Matrix – A full matrix display allows the user to combine the entire displayâs pixels to produce larger characters and graphics.
- NTSC – (National TV Standard Committee). A color TV standard that was developed in the U.S. Administered by the FCC, NTSC broadcasts 30 interlaced frames per second, which is 60 half frames per second. The NTSC signal is a composite of red, green and blue.
- RF – An acronym for Radio Frequency. RF is frequently used for wireless communication. frequently used for wireless communication.
The following factors should be taken into consideration when purchasing a Pro-Lite Electronic Sign:
- Viewing Distance
- Text and/or Graphics
- Single Line and/or Multiple Lines of text
- Software and/or Manual keyboard programmable
- Communication Methods (i.e. Direct Cable, Modem, Wireless, LAN)
- Installation Methods
- Zoning and Sign Ordinance
The Pro-Lite staff is highly trained to assist you in making the right decision in purchasing the right Pro-Lite sign for your application. Call us today or visit our Contact page to request more information. Pro-Lite’s widespread success has been based on a formula of using the best components from the world’s top suppliers and designing and manufacturing its products within select facilities in Taiwan, China and the USA, to deliver optimal products at the most competitive price point. This formula has guaranteed Pro-Lites success for more than 32 years and has continuously been the supplier of LED products sold in Costco, Wal-Mart and other national chains.